Burgess takes prize with big fish
Richie Burgess’ fish weighed in at almost 42 pounds at the 30th Annual Smith Point Sea Rescue’s 30th Annual Reedville Fishing Derby last weekend.
Richie Burgess of Burgess was the big winner at the 30th Annual Smith Point Sea Rescue’s 30th Annual Reedville Fishing Derby last weekend. His big fish weighed in at 41.14 pounds. Neither wind nor rough seas could deter those seeking to win prize money. Spectators were thrilled to watch the fish being weighed in at Buzzards Point Marina in Reedville.
The two-day rockfish derby is the oldest on the bay and saw entrants traveling from the eastern shore of Maryland, northern Virginia and west of Richmond to compete in the event.
1. Jason Anderson 33.83 Mechanicsville
2. George Lichtenbergen 33.60 Herndon
3. Danny Humphreys 33.53 Nokesville
4. Andrew Kidwell 29.60 Henrico
5. Jason Anderson 29.29 Mechanicsville
6. Jack Sprague 28.17 Heathsville
7. Jack Sprague 25.14 Heathsville
8. Andrew Kidwell 23.87 Henrico
9. Joe Boarman 23.51 Ophelia
1. Jason Anderson 28.70 Mechanicsville
2. Liz Thomas 27.22 Fredericksburg
3. Jack Sprague 25.97 Heathsville
4. Ron Edwards 23.42 Reedville
5. Bill Sanford 23.39 Midland
6. Joe Boarman 23.10 Ophelia
7. Danny Humphreys 22.12 Nokesville
8. Joe Boarman 22.10 Ophelia
9. Jack Sprague 21.66 Heathsville